Saturday, July 21, 2012

Le Nez du Vin


It felt like Christmas on Thursday at the Barrel Room.  We received a Le Nez du Vin master kit along with a wine faults kit and a New Oak kit. What a tremendous surprise and wonderful follow up to Nikki’s post on Monday. The giver still remains a mystery…



We had a blast opening the tiny bottles and guessing what smell was what.  The master set contains a plethora of smells like violet, butter, vanilla, melon, walnut.  Some of these smells are scents I have experienced in wine, that I couldn’t identify previously.  This is a tremendous addition to the bar and I look forward to developing my sense of smell in my free time, sharing our new smelly bottles with guests and sharing smelling revelations on the blog. 

Thank you to our mysterious benefactor!
-Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great tool to improve your wine tasting skills. I can spend hours trying to identify each smell!
    I encourage to you to follow this way of sharing information and writing about wine. That's a great blog!
    Congratulations from Spain!

    ReplyDelete